|Dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), warm|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Sprinkle yeast over warm milk. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Add oil and egg whites to yeast mixture.
3. Beat in salt, sugar, and 1 cup flour until smooth.
4. Stir in enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead 10 minutes on a floured surface. Cover; let rest 20 minutes.
5. Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut out circles with a clean, empty tuna can. Sprinkle with corn meal. Cover; let rise until double in bulk, about 45 minutes.
6. Bake on nonstick electric griddle or fry pan at 275Â° for 8 to 10 minutes per side. Turn once.
7. Cool and store in an airtight bag. To serve, split with a knife, then toast them.