Wheat Germ Giblet Stuffing
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Coarsely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Cook the rice according to basil preferred method.
2) Chop onion, parsley and celery.
3) In a large skillet, heat butter and saute chicken livers.
4) Remove the livers from skillet and chop coarsely.
5) In the same skillet, add more butter if needed and sauce onion and celery.
6) In a large saucepan, combine cooked rice, wheat germ, chopped livers and sauteed onion and celery.
7) Add pepper, parsley and i/2 cup stock.
8) Mix everything well and add more stock, if required.
9) Cook everything on low heat until stock is fully absorbed.
10) Let the mixture cool for sometime.
11) Use the mixture to stuff meats or vegetables.