Apricot Cornish With Pecan Stuffing For A Formal Dinner
|Cornish game hens||6 (Tyson)|
|Stuffing mix||12 Ounce (2 Packets Of 6 Ounce Each)|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Apricot preserves||1 Cup (16 tbs), melted|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF
2. Wash hens inside and out with cold water.
3. Pat them dry with paper towels.
4. Season inside out with salt.
5. Make the stuffing following the directions on the package.
6. Add pecans to the prepared stuffing.
7. Divide stuffing between hens, spooning it into the cavities but not packing them fully.
8. Truss the hens, tying the legs and closing the cavities with skewers.
9. Place them on a rack in a roasting pan.
10. Prepare the glaze by combining the ingredients in a saucepan and gently heating and cooking for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
11. Glaze the hens with the apricot sauce, brushing them generously all over.
12. Roast the hens for 1 to 1 ½ hours, occasionally turning and brushing them with the glaze.
13. The internal temperature should read 180 degrees on a meat thermometer and juices should run clear when the thickest portion of the thigh is pierced.
14. Arrange the hens on individual dinner plates and serve with watercress on the side.