Party Crown Roast Of Pork With Apple Stuffing
|Pork crown roast||4 3⁄4 Pound|
|Unpared tart apple||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Bread cubes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Toasted)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Soaked)|
|Cooked prunes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Light brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Liquid gravy seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Wipe meat well with damp paper towels.
3. In a bowl combine 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 2 tablespoons flour and rub meat well with mixture.
4. Insert meat thermometer into center of fleshy part of meat, away from fat and bone.
5. In shallow roasting pan without rack place roast and roast for1 hour and 15 minutes.
To prepare stuffing:
6. In large bowl, toss apple, bread cubes, raisins, prunes, butter, sugar, lemon peel, paprika, cinnamon, apple juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
7. Remove roast from oven.
8. Spoon stuffing lightly into center cavity mounding it.
9. Cover stuffing with 10-inch square of foil.
10. Return roast to oven and roast 1 hour and 25 minutes until meat thermometer registers 185F.
11. Place roast on heated platter and keep warm while making gravy.
12. In small saucepan, blend 2 tablespoons pan drippings with 2-1/2 tablespoons flour.
13. Stir in 1-1/2 cups water, gravy seasoning, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, over medium heat stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
14. Serve with roast.