Golden Harvest Stuffing
|Golden onion soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope Lipton)|
|Water||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), quartered|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bulk pork sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Seasoned stuffing||7 Ounce (1 Package)|
1. In a medium heavy bottomed saucepan, blend the soup mix in the orange juice and water. Add the apricots. Stir to well to blend ingredients.
2. Place saucepan on a medium high flame and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils, take the pan off the flame and set the saucepan aside to finish the stuffing.
3. In a large heavy bottomed skillet, melt butter over a medium flame.
4. When the butter has melted but not smoking, add the chopped celery and slivered almonds and sauté for about 5 minutes until the celery is soft.
5. Add the sausage and sauté until the sausage is crumbly and cooked.
6. Take pan off the flame and stir in the soup-juice mixture.
7. Add the stuffing and mix.
8. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking.
9. Use this stuffing as desired.
10. You can store the stuffing in an airtight container for 3-4 days or freeze until required.