Baked Chicken Breasts with Rice and Vegetable Stuffing
|Envelope of vegetable soup mix||13 Gram (1 Envelope , Lipton)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Uncooked regular rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen chopped spinach package||10 Ounce, cooked and squeezed dry (1 Package)|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Whole boneless chicken breasts||2 Pound, skinned and halved (4 Whole Breasts)|
1) Preheat the oven to the temperature of 350 degrees.
2) On a cutting board, with a sharp knife, parallel to the borad, make 3-inch long and deep slits in the middle of each chicken breast.
3) In a pan, mix vegetable soup mix with water and boil the mixture.
3) Add rice and cover the pan.
4) Simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender.
5) In the rice, mix spinach, tomato, both the cheese and garlic.
6) Keep the saucepan aside. 7) Stuff the chicken breast pockets with the rice mixture.
8) Take a baking dish, lighly grease it and place the chicken breasts into it.
9) In preheated oven, bake the chicken uncovered for 40 minutes until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
10) Serve the baked chicken breasts as side dish, sprinkled with paprika, if liked.
Calories 409 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 141.2 mg47.1%
Sodium 351.3 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 61 g122.1%
Vitamin A 137.6% Vitamin C 41.8%
Calcium 21.6% Iron 24%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet