|For sponge cake|
|Granulated sugar||60 Gram|
|Cake flour||60 Gram|
|Butter||20 Gram (melted)|
|Hot water||20 Milliliter|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Rum||1 Teaspoon (or any liquor like brandy or kirsch) (Optional)|
|Fresh cream||300 Milliliter|
|Vanilla extarct||4 Drop|
|Rum||1 Tablespoon (Kirsch, brandy or any kind of liquor) (Optional)|
1. Line the round cake pan with parchment paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C (338 degrees F).
3. In a metal mixing bowl, beat eggs with wire whisk.
4. Mix sugar and place it over a bowl of hot water and melt the sugar and warm them up to body temperature.
5. Remove from the hot water and beat the batter on high speed with an electric mixer until white and fluffy. Continue on low speed; beat for about a minute to set the texture.
6. Sift in flour little by little and gently cut through the mixture with wire whisk until somewhat combined.
7. Using the spatula, sprinkle melted butter, and quickly lift up the batter to mix.
8. In a pan, pour the batter from heights of 11 inches (30 cm) so that it drops like a ribbon and lightly tap the pan on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
9. Bake for 25 minutes.
10. Place a cutting board and a paper towel on a wire rack. Then place the cake pan upside down and cool with the pan on top.
11. Once completely cool, wrap with plastic wrap and rest the sponge cake in the fridge for a few hours. You can store it in the fridge for 2 to 3 days and decorate the cake when needed.
12. For Syrup: Mix granulated sugar and hot water until dissolved.
13. Mix rum into it.
14. For Decoration: In a dry and clean bowl, combine fresh cream, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and rum.
15. Float the bottom of the bowl in ice water and whisk the cream until it forms a soft peak.
16. Slice the sponge cake crosswise into 2 layers. Gently brush the sponge cake with syrup (brush all the surfaces which will be coated with cream).
17. On a plate, place one layer of the sponge cake. Coat the surface of the sponge cake evenly with the cream.
18. Place cut strawberries over the creamed surface. Then coat again with the cream.
19. Place another layer of sponge cake, and frost top and side with the cream. Garnish with strawberries.
20. Rest the cake in the fridge for 1 or 2 hours before you serve. Slice the cake and serve.