Learn how to make a sweet & romantic dessert for Valentine's day - Dark Mint Chocolate-Covered Strawberries.
Long stemmed strawberries
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
1. Wash and pat dry the strawberries. Cut off the brown part of the stem to keep only the fresh green part.
2. Line a large plate with wax paper.
3. In a bowl take the dark chocolate, add mint extract and microwave till it becomes smooth. Stir after every 30 seconds to avoid burning.
4. Put the shortening and stir to make smoother chocolate.
5. Hold the leaves back and dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate and place it on them on the wax paper away from each other without touching.
6. The strawberries can also be drizzled with melted chocolate if desired.
7. Set aside for the chocolate to dry or put in the refrigerator to chill till chocolate hardens.
8. In a serving plate serve the chocolate coated strawberries garnished with mint leaves.
Milk or White chocolate can be used instead of dark chocolate.