Baked Strawberry Alaskas
|Jam swiss roll slices||4 Ounce (4 pieces, 25 gram each)|
|Ripe peach/Nectarine||1 , skinned and stoned|
|Strawberries||9 Ounce, thinly sliced (250 gram)|
|Whole strawberries||4 (for garnish)|
|Caster sugar||1 3⁄4 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Vanilla iced dessert||8 Ounce (4 scoops, 60 gram / 2 ounce each Weight Watchers from Heinz)|
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. In the bottom of four small ramekin dishes, place the Swiss Roll slices.
3. In a bowl, mash or liquidize peach or nectarine with the sherry.
4. Spoon the puree over the sponge bases.
5. Top it with the sliced strawberries.
6. In a scrupulously clean bowl, make a meringue mixture by whisking the egg white.
7. Whisk until stiff.
8. Keep adding little sugar and whisk until the meringue becomes glossy.
9. Spoon a scoop of the iced dessert on top of the sliced strawberries.
10. Swirl the meringue on top.
11. Make sure that the meringue forms a seal, without gaps, around the edge of each ramekin dish to insulate the Iced Dessert from the heat.
12. Place the dish in preheated hot grill and bake until the meringue is tinged golden brown.
13. Serve Baked Strawberry Alaska immediately with a whole strawberry on each slice.