Early Rhubarb Crunch
|Strawberries||6 Ounce, halved and rinsed|
|Young rhubarb||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch lengths|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned mandarin orange segments and juice||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Raw cane granulated sugar||To Taste|
|Low fat natural yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Muesli||3 Tablespoon (Crunchy)|
1) Keep aside four berries for garnishing and cut the remaining into thin slices.
2) In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, ground ginger and the strained juice from the mandarin oranges.
3) On high power, cook covered for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring twice in between. Check if the rhubarb has pulped.
4) Then, add sugar to taste.
5) Let cool for a while.
6) Stir in the yogurt, followed by orange segments and sliced strawberries.
7) Into individual glasses, divide the mixture.
8) Serve the Rhubarb Crunch, topped with muesli and a strawberry.
Calories 114 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.25 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.45 mg0.15%
Sodium 14.1 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 3 g7%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 56.9%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet