Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|1 % low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Non fat yogurt||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sliced fresh strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, add milk and sprinkle gelatin and allow it to stand for a minute. Add sugar, stir and heat moderately to set. Continue to stir occasionally until sugar and gelatin have dissolved.
2. Allow to cool and thus thickened, stirring occasionally.
3. Whisk yogurt and add to the gelatin mix.
4. Add sliced strawberries, kirsch and fold in the yogurt mixture.
4. In an ice cream maker, freeze the mixture.
5. Serve frozen in individual bowls.
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.61 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.9 mg2.3%
Sodium 131 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 36.9 g
Protein 11 g22.9%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 19.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet