Low Fat Jelly Roll
|Cake flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Strawberry preserves/Currant jelly / canned crushed pineapple, drained||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Take an 11 X 17 inch jelly roll pan, grease with oil, line with wax paper, and grease again. Keep aside.
3. Sift flour along with sugar and baking powder. Mix in egg yolks, oil, vanilla, and water and beat to a smooth mixture.
4. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar to a stiff mixture.
5. Carefully fold egg whites mixture into flour mixture.
6. Transfer to prepared pan, even the top with spatula, and bake for 12 minutes or until the cake tops bounces back when pressed.
7. Meanwhile, on a towel, sprinkle confectioners-€™ sugar.
8. Transfer the hot cake on to it and peel off the wax paper.
9. Roll the cake, lengthwise, in the towel, and allow to cool.
10. Unroll cooled cake, spread the filling, and reroll.
11. Wrap using a waxed paper and allow to chill for about 60 minutes.
12. Slice the chilled Jelly Roll and serve immediately topped with few roasted nut pieces.