Strawberry Rose Crepes
|Strawberries||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Rose wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (La Salle)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cooked dessert crepes||10|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Dredging)|
1. Wash and hull the strawberries.
2. Reserve 1 cup whole strawberries and slice the remaining and keep aside.
3. To make the strawberry puree, in a saucepan, add whole strawberries with wine.
4. Cook on low flame until they are soft and mushy.
5. With the back of the spoon, lightly crush the strawberries to make a puree.
6. Add sugar and cornstarch to the puree and blend well.
7. Cook on a low flame, stirring constantly until thick.
8. Allow the puree to cool.
9. When cool, fold in the sliced strawberries.
10. Allow the filling to chill in the refrigerator.
11. Just before serving, spoon 2 tablespoons of the strawberry filling down each crepe
12. Fold over the sides neatly.
13. Arrange 2 crepes per plate.
14. Spoon dollop with sour cream and dust with powdered sugar using a tea strainer or sugar shaker.
15. Serve crepes cold.