Sauced Strawberry Amandine
|Sponge cake/Angle pound cake||4|
|Sponge cake piece/Angel / pound cake||4 Ounce (3-Inches Square)|
|Sherry/Rum||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix||4 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package , Jell -O)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), chilled|
|Rhubarb sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sweetened|
|Sweetened rhubarb sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chilled|
|Strawberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted and blanched, slivered|
1) In 4 individual serving dishes, place the cake pieces, drizzle 1 tablespoon of sherry over each piece of cake and allow to stand for a few minutes.
2) In a bowl with the pudding and pie filling mix, beat in the milk until well blended.
3) Spread the rhubarb sauce over the cake pieces and top each piece with a layer of the prepared pudding.
4) Then arrange the sliced strawberries and mound with the whipped cream.
5) Garnish each dish with the slivered almonds and serve immediately or after a few hours, when desired.
Calories 1042 Calories from Fat 332
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g57.8%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 276.3 mg92.1%
Sodium 1054.3 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 157 g52.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 101.6 g
Protein 18 g35.5%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 27.6%
Calcium 40.1% Iron 32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet