Strawberry and Cream Cheese Tarts
|Shortcrust pastry||1⁄4 Pound (100 Gram)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Strawberries||1⁄2 Pound (225 Grams)|
|Fresh strawberries||1⁄2 Pound (225 Gram)|
|Strawberry jam/Redcurrant jelly||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , freshly squeezed|
1. Thaw the pastry if store bought or prepare your favorite pastry recipe.
2. On a lightly floured work table, roll the pastry out into Â¼ inch thickness.
3. Use a round, floured cookie cutter (21/2 to 3 â€“inch) to cut out 12 pastry circles.
4. Use the circles to line 12 tartlet molds.
5. With a fork, prick the pastry bases to prevent it from bubbling when baking.
6. Let pastry shells chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C or Gas No. 5)
8. When the oven is hot, bake the tartlet shells for 10 to 12 minutes until dry and lightly golden.
9. Remove from oven, and let cool while preparing the filling.
10. In a basin combine the butter and sugar.
11. With an electric beater or a wire whisk, beat the mixture until light and fluffy
12. Add cream cheese to the mixture and continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
13. Use a teaspoon to spoon and spread the filling into the tart shells when they are cold.
14. Arrange 3 strawberries on each tart.
15. Place the tarts in the refrigerator to chill.
16. Make the glaze by melting the jam or jelly and stirring in the lemon juice.
17. Use a pastry brush to glaze each tart with the jelly.
18. Arrange the tarts on a platter and serve cold.They make wonderful desserts at a party.
Calories 74 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.6%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.9 mg4.3%
Sodium 30.9 mg1.3%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 0.95 g1.9%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 40.9%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet