Strawberries a la Blue Fox
|Fresh strawberries||30 Large|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sherry/Port or marsala||2 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Wash strawberries in cold water; drain well; hull. Then slice or slit each berry into quarters without cutting through the bottom. Set aside to chill
2. Make Sherry Cream in the top of double boiler, with portable electric mixer at medium speed by adding the egg yolks. Beat egg yolks with granulated sugar and sherry until well combined. Place over boiling water; beat at medium speed until mixture is thick and forms soft peaks when beater is slowly raised. This will take about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Immediately set top of double boiler in bowl of ice; continue beating until mixture is cool. This will take about 2 minutes. Let stand in ice in refrigerator 30 minutes longer.
4. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and the cream. Refrigerate along with electric-beater blades, 30 minutes.
5. Add chilled cooked mixture to chilled cream mixture; beat until stiff.
6. Fill each strawberry with cream mixture using pastry bag with decorating tip and set aside to chill.
7. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve chilled.