|Fresh strawberries||1 Pint|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Pint|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grand marnier/Other orange liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint|
1) In the freezer, place medium sized bowl and beaters to chill them.
2) Wash the strawberries and use paper towels to pat dry them. Hull the berries with a sharp paring knife and keep aside.
3) Wash the orange and dry it. Grate just enough rind to make 3 tablespoons of it. Cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice from one half. Keep the other half aside for future use.
4) Into the chilled bowl, pour the heavy cream and with an electric mixer set at high-speed, whip it till it is stiff. Cover and place in the fridge.
5) Place a small heavy-gauge skillet over medium flame and heat the sugar, stirring constantly, till it has melted and turned golden. This generally takes about 5 minutes.
6) Into the sugar, stir the orange rind and cook for nearly 2 minutes or till the sugar has turned light brown in color and is syrupy.
7) Add in the orange juice, strawberries, Grand Marnier and brandy. Stir well to combine all the ingredients together. Gently cook over low heat, turning the berries to properly coat them with the syrup. This should take nearly 3 minutes.
8) Take them skillet off the heat and ignite the syrup, keeping the skillet away from the face. Once the flames have subsided, keep skillet aside.
9) In the center of 4 dessert plates, put a liberal spoonful of whipped cream and top with a scoop of ice cream. Surround with strawberries and top the ice cream with the remaining sugar syrup.
10) Serve immediately or chilled.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2408 Calories from Fat 1271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 143 g220.7%
Saturated Fat 88 g439.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 540 mg180%
Sodium 480 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 237 g78.8%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71%
Sugars 193.9 g
Protein 26 g52.7%
Vitamin A 121.1% Vitamin C 627.6%
Calcium 93.4% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet