Red White and Blue Jellies
|Strawberries||14 Ounce, trimmed and hulled (400 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Double cream||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliter)|
|Icing sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Serving, Handful Of)|
1) In a pan with 100ml water, add the strawberries, caster sugar and lemon juice. Allow to boil, then turn off the heat and remove the scum.
2) Sieve the mixture into a large measuring jug, then level with boiling water to get 300ml of the strawberry juice.
3) Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes to soften. Remove the excess water and stir into the hot juice to dissolve.
4) Pour the jelly into serving glasses and refrigerate for minimum 3 hours to set.
5) When ready to serve, stiffly whip the cream with the icing sugar.
6) Scoop the whipped cream over the jelly, put some blueberries and serve immediately.
Calories 152 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.1%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.08%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 16.5 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.4%
Sugars 23.1 g
Protein 1 g2%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 73%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet