Infused Chocolate Covered Strawberries (Injected with Moscato)
|Milk chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Hersheys)|
|Crisco||1 Tablespoon (Butter flavored)|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Pint (large and firm)|
|Almond bark/White chocolate||1 Medium|
|Champagne||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as required; Moscato champagne used here)|
1. Wash and pat dry the strawberries, making sure there is no water on them. Set aside.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
3. Heat water in a large pot. Place a bowl over it with water not touching the bowl (double boiler).
4. Put the chocolate chips and Crisco in the bowl and allow it to melt. Stir occasionally till they melt to a smooth consistency.
5. Hold each strawberry with their stem and dip it in the melted chocolate.
6. Let the excess drain off and place on the parchment lined sheet or tray. Let the chocolate harden.
7. In the meanwhile, melt vanilla almond bark using the double boiler.
8. Once the milk chocolate hardens, drizzle the vanilla almond bark or white chocolate all over them in desired patterns. Let it harden.
9. Using a syringe, infuse the champagne into the strawberries just before serving.
10. In a serving platter, arrange the strawberries and serve as a dessert.
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.3 mg0.4%
Sodium 63.9 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 58.8%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet