Rice Strawberry Cream
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Uncooked rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (Plain Variety)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Crushed strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Scald 2 cups of the milk in the upper part of a double boiler. Stir the rice into the milk and cook over simmering water about 45 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
2. Soak the gelatin in the cold water.
3. Add the sugar, salt and the rest of the milk to this mixture, then stir into the hot rice and milk. Mix well.
4. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Fold in the whipped cream.
5. Pour into a dessert dish and chill.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1812 Calories from Fat 988
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172.2%
Saturated Fat 68 g339.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 396.6 mg132.2%
Sodium 887.9 mg37%
Total Carbohydrates 168 g55.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.3%
Sugars 113.7 g
Protein 46 g92.3%
Vitamin A 85.2% Vitamin C 346.2%
Calcium 101.1% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet