Rice Strawberry Cream
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Uncooked rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (Plain Variety)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Crushed strawberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Scald 2 cups of the milk in the upper part of a double boiler. Stir the rice into the milk and cook over simmering water about 45 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
2. Soak the gelatin in the cold water.
3. Add the sugar, salt and the rest of the milk to this mixture, then stir into the hot rice and milk. Mix well.
4. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Fold in the whipped cream.
5. Pour into a dessert dish and chill.