Sally Lunn With Strawberries
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Active dry yeast||1|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh strawberries||3 Pint, sliced|
1. Combine milk, 1/4 cup of the sugar, salt, and butter; cool to lukewarm.
2. Soften yeast in the warm water in a large bowl. Blend with the milk mixture and eggs.
3. Gradually beat in the flour until smooth. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
4. Stir dough down and turn into a greased and sugared 10-inch tube pan. Cover; let rise again until doubled, about 30 minutes.
5. Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar with the nutmeg and sprinkle over top of dough.
6. Bake at 400°F about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Turn out Sally Lunn and serve warm or cooled with the strawberries mounded