How To Freeze Mashed Asparagus
Preserving the fleshy, succulent and tender asparagus, the highly prized vegetable with enormous health benefits is highly essential and can be easily done by the well-known storage technique, freezing, which ensures the availability of this spring vegetable when not in season. This blog would let you know the proper procedure to be followed while freezing the mashed form of asparagus.
- Mashed asparagus
- Lemon juice/ascorbic acid
- Measuring cups
- Ziploc freezer bags
- Permanent marker
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice/ascorbic acid to the mashed asparagus in order to avoid discoloration.
- Using measuring cups measure and fill the mashed asparagus in ziploc freezer bags.
- Leave a half inch header space and ensure that there is no air left inside the freezer bag before sealing it.
- Label the bag with the date of storage and quantity of contents in the freezer bag.
Frozen mashed asparagus, which is stored by following the above mentioned procedure, would remain fresh up to six months and can be used whenever required by just defrosting and thawing it.
Image Credit: tendertips.co.nz