How To Freeze Mashed Pasta
The highly nutritious and yummy pastas can be mashed and stored to increase its shelf-life by a well-known and feasible preservation method, i.e. freezing. This process ensures the availability of mashed pastas for a longer duration which can then be used whenever required especially when in hurry. Check out the appropriate method to freeze mashed pastas.
- Mashed pasta
- Measuring cups
- Ziploc freezer bags
- Permanent marker
- Mix 1-2 teaspoons of butter to the mashed pastas in order to avoid discoloration.
- Using measuring cups measure and fill the mashed pasta in ziploc freezer bags.
- Ensure that there is no air left inside the freezer bag by leaving a half inch header space before sealing.
- Label the bag with the date of storage and quantity of contents in the freezer bag.
- Freeze them up to 3 months.
Instead of butter, margarine can be used to avoid discoloration. Mashed pastas can be introduced to your baby at 8 months of age, as an infant food. Just defrosting and thawing would bring the frozen mashed pasta back to its original consistency.
Image Credit: storci.com