How To Freeze Mashed Eggplant
Freezing is one of the most trustworthy methods of preserving soft vegetable slike eggplants. Freezing mashed eggplant increases its shelf life and it can be utilized in variety of recipes, whenever required. Check out this blog to know more about the proper method of preserving the mashed form of eggplants.
- Mashed eggplant
- Caraway seeds/ cinnamon/nutmeg
- Measuring cups
- Ziploc freezer bags
- Permanent marker
- Mix half or one teaspoon of either caraway seeds/cinnamon/nutmeg to the mashed eggplant in order to avoid darkening or discoloration.
- Using measuring cups measure and fill the mashed eggplant in ziploc freezer bags.
- Ensure that there is no air left inside the freezer bag by leaving a half inch space before sealing
- Label the bag with the date of storage and quantity of contents in the freezer bag.
Frozen, fresh eggplant would taste even better than the cooked and mashed ones. But the mashed ones are easy to retrive when you need to prepare a quick meal. Just defrost and thaw the frozen contents to enjoy the unaltered taste and flavor of the frozen mashed eggplant.
Image Credit: ifood.tv/photo