How To Freeze Mashed Tuna
Freezing is one of the most practical and feasible storage methods for preserving tunas especially when mashed. Such a method enables the tunas to stay edible for a very long duration and can then be used in a variety of mouthwatering culinary preparations as well. Scroll down to know the appropriate procedure for freezing tunas which might aid you to make use of the mashed variety in a better way.
- Mashed tuna
- Large scoop
- Ziploc freezer bags
- Permanent markers
- After the mashed tuna is prepared, allow them to reach room temperature.
- Transfer the measured mashed tuna servings to a ziploc freezer bag.
- Write the date and number of servings on the ziploc bags using the permanent marker and freeze them.
- Leave a half-inch header space before sealing and ensure that the freezer bag is properly sealed.
- These frozen portions can be stored for a maximum of one month and can be used when required.
Preserving fresh tuna by freezing is a better alternative rather than freezing the mashed ones. It is better to use frozen mashed tuna at the earliest possible since there may be subtle changes in its taste and flavor, if stored for a longer duration.
Image Credit: basstuna.blogspot.in