How To Freeze Mashed Celery
Preserving vegetables like celery is highly advantageous since it minimizes the wastage of this delicious and nutritious food. Mashed celery stalks can also be frozen and stored for a very long duration for later use. This procedure would make celery storage an easier task and reduce its cost of consumption by ensuring its availability when not in season. Trail down to learn about the proper procedure for preserving mashed celery by freezing.
- Mashed celery stalks
- Lemon juice/ascorbic acid
- Measuring cups
- Ziploc freezer bags
- Permanent marker
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice/ascorbic acid to the mashed celery in order to avoid discoloration.
- Using measuring cups measure and fill the mashed celery in ziploc freezer bags.
- Ensure that there is no air left inside the freezer bag and leave a half inch header space before sealing the freezer bag.
- Label the bag with the date of storage and quantity of contents in the freezer bag.
- Freeze it.
Frozen mashed celery, which is preserved by following the above mentioned procedure, would remain fresh up to six months and can be used whenever required. Mashed celery tastes simply awesome with mashed potatoes and is used in numerous culinary preparations with very less time spent on the preliminary preparation.
Image Credit: ifood.tv/photo