How To Freeze Mashed Avocado
Ripe avocados might require a easy preservation method which would be feasible at household levels and can ensure long-term storage too. Freezing is the most apt method to preserve fresh avocados, particularly when mashed since it prevents spoilage of these wonder fruits which are immensely soft and can turn bad within a short period of time. Trail down to learn the appropriate procedure for freezing the mashed form of avocados for later use.
- Mashed avocados
- Lemon juice/ascorbic acid
- Measuring cups
- Ziploc freezer bags
- Permanent marker
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice/ascorbic acid to the mashed avocados in order to avoid discoloration/darkening.
- Using measuring cups measure and fill the mashed avocados in ziploc freezer bags.
- Leave a half inch header space and ensure that there is no air left inside the freezer bag before sealing it.
- Label the bag with the date of storage and quantity of contents in the freezer bag.
- Freeze it up to two months.
Mashed avocado is one of the easiest foods to prepare for infant feed because there is no need to cook it. It is a wonderful "good fat" food essential for baby's brain and physical development. Frozen avocados can be thawed and used in wraps, soups, sandwiches and of course to make guacamole, whenever required.
Image Credit: nlj.gov.jm