How To Freeze Mashed Spinach
Preserving spinach in its mashed form is always a big problem. But here comes a perfect solution. FREEZING! This form of storing spinach would be a more practical and feasible method at home in order to extend the shelf-life of these nutritious vegetables and ensure its availability off-season. Scroll down this blog to know the exact procedure of freezing mashed spinach.
- Mashed spinach
- Lemon juice/ascorbic acid
- Measuring cups
- Ziploc freezer bags
- Permanent marker
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice/ascorbic acid to the mashed spinach in order to avoid discoloration/darkening.
- Using measuring cups measure and fill the mashed spinach in ziploc freezer bags.
- Leave a half inch header space and ensure that there is no air left inside the freezer bag before sealing it.
- Label the bag with the date of storage and quantity of contents in the freezer bag.
- Freeze it up to one month.
Frozen mashed spinach has high water content, which needs to be discarded before using it for culinary purposes. When stored by following the procedure mentioned above, it would taste its best up to one month and can be used whenever required by just de-frosting and thawing it.
Image Credit: ifood.tv/photo