How To Freeze Mashed Broccoli
Preserving garden vegetables like broccoli helps in preventing wastage of this delicious and nutritious food. Mashed broccolis can also be frozen and preserved for a very long duration. This procedure would make storing the nutritious veggie an easier task. Learn the proper procedure for preserving mashed broccoli by freezing by reading through this blog.
- Mashed broccoli
- Lemon juice/ascorbic acid
- Measuring cups
- Ziploc freezer bags
- Permanent marker
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice/ascorbic acid to the mashed broccoli in order to avoid discoloration.
- Using measuring cups measure and fill the mashed broccoli in ziploc freezer bags.
- Ensure that there is no air left inside the freezer bag.
- Label the bag with the date of storage and quantity of contents in the freezer bag.
Frozen mashed broccoli, which is stored by following the above mentioned procedure would remain fresh up to six months and can be used whenever required.