How To Freeze Mashed Banana
Bananas are yummy fruits especially when ripe. But steadily their shelf-life also decreases. Freezing the mashed form of bananas would aid in extending the usefulness of the nutritious fruits by months. This process stops the aging so that they remain the same even after a few months of freezing. Check out the popular method of freezing them.
Freezing Mashed Bananas:
- Mashed bananas (Brown colored/ripen)
- Lemon juice
- Measuring cups
- Ziploc freezer bags
- Permanent marker
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice to the mashed bananas in order to avoid discoloration.
- Using measuring cups measure and fill the mashed bananas in ziploc freezer bags.
- Ensure that there is no air left inside the freezer bag by leaving a half inch header space before sealing.
- Label the bag with the date of storage and quantity of contents in the freezer bag.
- Freeze them up to 3 months.
Frozen mashed bananas make your banana consumption economical and they can be even used in culinary preparations like baked banana bread. After defrosting, they can be used as an infant feed too without the added lemon juice.The nutritional value remains unaltered making the frozen mash of bananas a wonderful addition to your diet when required.