How To Freeze Mashed Squash
Enjoying foods that are off-season are preserved easily by freezing. Squashes, members of the gourd family, can be mashed and frozen for later use too. It helps to reduce the cooking time as well as minimize wastage. Scroll down to know the ways of freezing mashed squashes.
Freezing Mashed Summer/Winter Squash:
- Mashed Squash(Summer/winter)
- Measuring cups
- Ziploc freezer bags
- Permanent marker
- Using measuring cups measure and fill the mashed summer squashes in ziploc freezer bags.
- Leave a half inch headspace before sealing the bags.
- Ensure that there is no air left inside the freezer bag.
- Label the bag with the date of storage and quantity of contents in the freezer bag.
- Store them in freezer.
Freezing mashed squash will allow us to eat this nutritious food all year round without compromising on its taste. The ready-to-use frozen mashed squashes can be included in various cooking methods providing the dishes with a fresh taste and color.