How To Freeze Baked Rice
Rice, when baked, makes a healthy ingredient in a tasty meal. Freezing baked rice is a great way to store the leftover rice or even the freshly prepared one for later use. However, remember that oven baked rice remains unspoiled for a maximum of 4 days. So, how do you freeze the rice in its baked form? Read to know about the steps in detail…
What All Do You Need
- Oven baked rice
- Ziploc freezer bags
- Sticky notes
Directions For Freezing Baked Rice
- Allow the rice cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Divide the rice into desired portions and add each portion to the Ziploc bags.
- Arrange the Ziploc with rice flat atop the kitchen counter.
- Squeeze the air completely out of the bag. Now, seal them.
- Paste the sticky notes, indicating the ingredients and date, on bags.
- Place the bags with the sides inside the freezer so that they are very less in contact with freezer floor. This will allow you to remove the bags easily when required.
- Place the Ziploc bags in the microwave to reheat the rice before eating.
- Allow the steam to escape by opening up the bag partially. Continue to microwave for about 4 more minutes or until the bags puff up.
- Do not refreeze the reheated rice.
Remember these easy tips to freeze baked rice so that you can prepare a little more than what you require to be used later.