How To Freeze Baked Macaroni
While mac and cheese comes in unlimited options, the baked ones are the tastiest. Baked macaroni does freeze well and can be stored for about 2 to 3 days in the freezer. The recipes recommend freezing before cooking , but leftovers do freeze well if wrapped tightly during storage. Here are a few handy tips that you can make use of if you want to try freezing your oven baked macaroni …
What You Need
- Baked mac and cheese ( the commonest form of baked macaroni)
- Ziploc freezer bags
- Sticky notes
Directions To Freeze Baked Macaroni
- Put the cheese atop the dish.
- Now, place the macaroni in the Ziploc.
- Squeeze out the excess air and tightly zip it up.
- Paste the sticky note indicating the ingredients and the date.
- Place in the coldest point in the freezer and leave it there until you need it.
- Always choose to freeze in individual serving portions, as this can lower the rate of wastage.
- If you have extra sauce, freeze it separately.
- Always use the frozen baked mac and cheese within a maximum of three days.
- Before using the dish, make sure that you allow it to thaw overnight in the refrigerator
- You can just heat the thawed macaroni and top up with cheese.
- Do not refreeze the macaroni once thawed.
Even though you can freeze baked macaroni, you should use it within 3 days, failing which there are chances of the dish getting spoiled. Fresh food is always healthier; so try to relish macaroni in its freshest form for added health and flavors.
Image Credit: ifood.tv