How To Store Peeled Orange
557997-peeled-orange-ready-to-be-stored.imagesqtbnand9gcrdracnlb4rq4bkqc1disxjihcbkfvfhdpquuujsz3zifk9yf-zfwMost of us face the problem of storing peeled oranges as these tend to get spoilt and become mushy very quickly. If you wish to store the peeled ones for long in their usual form, you need to take a few steps fresh for a few days. Follow these ideas and you can enjoy the oranges at their best.
Tips to store peeled oranges:
· Brush all the peeled slices with lemon juice. This will prevent the oranges from getting spoilt and will stay fresh for long. However, ensure that you do not use too much of the juice or else the orange might taste sour when you have it later on.
· Place all the lemon brushed oranges in an air tight container. Do not stuff too many oranges in one container. Place this airtight container in the coolest part of your refrigerator.
Using zip bags:
· Zip bags are good when you have peeled oranges which have not been separated. If you have just peeled their outer rind and the remaining is intact, then you can place 2-3 oranges in a zip bag which is medium size. If you have a large zip bag, you can place more oranges but ensure that you do not overstuff it. Place the bag in an area of the refrigerator where it will remain untouched for long. If you accidently place something on the zip bag, the orange might get crushed.
· If you are planning to store oranges for just a few hours you can just put them in an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator, until you need them once again.
· If you are looking forward to store oranges for long you should choose ones which are not much ripe or else they might ripen quickly.
· Try just to remove the peels and do not separate them. This will help in preserving them well.
Oranges usually stay fresh for 2-3 days after they are peeled, so try and consume them within the period to enjoy them the most.
Image credits: asimpleexplanation