How To Freeze Cooked Pork
Freeze cooked pork if you have leftovers. Frozen cooked pork tastes great when reheated. The only thing to take care of while freezing cooked pork is to ensure that it is frozen within a matter of two hours of cooking. Cooking to a temperature of 160 degrees F will kill the bacteria present in meat but exposing it to room temperature for a long time will once again lead to bacterial growth on the meat. Look at how to freeze cooked pork…
Steps to Freeze Cooked Pork
- Shred the pork or cut it into small pieces. This would facilitate quick cooling of cooked pork.
- Divide the meat into smaller portions so that only the required amount of meat needs to be thawed.
- Place pork in shallow containers and cover tightly with the lid.
- Keep in freezer and use within 2 to 3 months.
Tips for Freezing Cooked Pork
- Make sure to cool the pork before freezing.
- Use sanitized hands to shred the pork.
- Make sure that containers used are clean and free from moisture.
Freeze cooked pork and enjoy it anytime in a myriad of dishes.
Image credit: momimstillhungry.blogspot.com/