How To Freeze Cooked Fish
If you have cooked more fish than you could possible consume on the same day, you can freeze cooked fish and enjoy the same freshness and quality later. Cooked fish say for example fried fish can be easily frozen at home and can be used for up to a month. Freezing is one of the best methods to preserve cooked food and at the same time prevent waste of money. Let us see how to freeze cooked fish to perfection…
Steps for Freezing Cooked Fish
- Food should be brought to room temperature before being prepared for freezing. Hence, let the cooked fish cool completely. However, make sure that you do not leave the fish outside for more than 2 hours since an extended time at normal room temperature can increase chances of the food getting spoilt even when frozen.
- Line a shallow container with the fish. Plastic films can separate subsequent layers.
- Close the container tightly.
- Label and place in the freezer.
- Use within a month of freezing.
Using Frozen Cooked Fish
Thaw the fish in the refrigerator. To regain the crispiness and texture of cooked fish, it can be reheated in the microwave, heated in a skillet or oven and even in a toaster. Just make sure to sprinkle some water on the fish prior to reheating to keep it moist and prevent it from drying out.
Freeze cooked fish and enjoy fish dishes whenever you feel like it without much of a hassle.
Image credit: norwitz.net/