How To Freeze Cooked Chicken
So, you have leftover cooked chicken and do not know how to freeze cooked chicken. The blog gives step by step instructions on freezing cooked chicken. Cooked meals are the best gift after a long tiring day at the office. Let us see how this can be done…
Steps to Freeze Cooked Chicken
- In order to ensure that cooked chicken does not increase temperature inside freezer, it is mandatory to cool the cooked chicken in the refrigerator prior to placing in freezer.
- Place cooked chicken pieces one by one into freezer bags. The best thing would be to place as many chicken pieces as would be required for a single meal in one freezer bag. This would allow convenience of thawing only one bag as and when required.
- Press the freezer bag to remove as much air as possible prior to zipping it up.
- Label the bags with the date of freezing.
- Place the bags containing cooked chicken towards the back of the freezer. Let it get frozen solid.
- Now, this can be moved to a different area in the freezer.
- Frozen cooked chicken should be used within 3 months of freezing.
- While using frozen cooked chicken, thaw it in refrigerator for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Once thawed, reheat and serve as desired.
Tips For Freezing Cooked Chicken
- Wrap chicken very well since poorly wrapped or sipped food can often smell bad or get freezer burns.
- Make sure that zipper bags are moisture free and vapor proof.
- Remove as much air as possible from freezer bags.
- Wrap chicken in aluminum foil prior to packing in freezer bags if desired.
- Thaw and use as deisred.
Freeze cooked chicken and keep food from being wasted. Freezing food is one of the best ways to store it for use later.
Image credit: tammysrecipes.com/node/3704