How To Dry Banana
Wondering how to dry banana to store it for later use? Well, it is very simple as bananas dry quickly when compared to other fruits. Dry bananas can be conveniently carried along during camping or trekking trips. Let us see how to dry them easily at home…
Dry Bananas in Different Ways
Bananas are relatively easy to dry provided you manage to keep them from turning brown. The best way to do this is definitely immersing them in lemon water or even pineapple juice. Once this is done, bananas can be dried by placing them under direct rays of the sun. Bananas would get dry by the end of the day if left out in the sun. Alternately, they can be dried in the oven or in a dehydrator. The time taken for bananas to dry would be around 8 to 10 hours by these equipments.
Steps for Drying Bananas
- In a shallow bowl, take some lemon water.
- Make slices of banana and put them in the bowl. Banana can be sliced in rings or lengthwise.
- Arrange the slices dipped in lemon water on baking trays or dehydrator trays.
- Turn dehydrator on and let bananas dry for 10 hours.
- If drying in oven, preheat it to 170 degrees F. Place baking trays with bananas inside and let dry for 8 to 1 hours.
- Bananas are read and dry when they shrink in size, are hard on the outside, but are pliable.
Dry bananas can be stored in airtight containers. These can be used with your morning breakfast cereal for a nutritious start of the day. Moreover, dried bananas can be eaten as banana chips and used in baking too!