How To Preserve Hot Sauce
Fans of hot sauces should know how to preserve hot sauce. Spicy hot sauce adds extra zing to dishes and therefore one should always have a bottle of hot sauce handy in the kitchen. Whether you concoct hot sauce at home or it’s your store bought hot sauce, preserving hot sauce in sterilized bottle helps to increase the shelf life of your spicy condiment and come in handy for appetizing dishes anytime.
Here is how to preserve hot sauce and keep its spicy flavors fresh.
Things you will need
- Glass jar
- Two piece lid
- Oven or large pot
- Metal tongs
Procedure for preserving hot sauce
- Get glass jars that are in good condition and has proper lids.
- First sterilize the jars along with the lids.
- Wash jar and lid with hot water and soap. Rinse well. Place on a baking tray and heat in oven at 175 degrees for 25 minutes.
- If you don’t have an oven, boil jars and lids in large pot for 15 minutes for sterilizing.
- Sterilizing the pair of tongs is also recommended.
- Use the sterilized tong for handling the jars.
- Take out the sterilized jar and pour in the hot sauce.
- Seal the jar with two piece lid. Seal it as tightly as you can.
By learning how to preserve hot sauce, you have access to your favorite condiment all the time and don’t have to regret over a bottle of spoilt bottle of hot sauce.
Image courtesy: ifood.tv