How To Keep Lemon Fresh
You have to think how to keep lemon fresh when they buy them out of season. There are many simple techniques that you can adopt to keep the lemon fresh and listed here are few of the simplest ones.
How to keep lemon fresh outside?
- When you need only a few drops of lemon juice, simple poke the peel with a toothpick or a pin and squeeze out the required juice from your juicy lemon and you can leave the, outside if you will be using them within a day, if not refrigerate them.
- If you are in need of a slice of lemon, then decapitate on only the one corner of the lemon and cut the single slice that you need and close them back with the cap and you can leave them outside if you intend to use within a day, if not you can leave them in the refrigerator for a few more days. Another idea for cutting a bigger slice of lemon, is to cut them into two equal halves and then put them back into shape and seal them with a flour paste to cellophane tape is you are going to use them within a day, if not do the same and refrigerate them.
Well, refrigeration is one of the best ways to keep the bag of lemons safe and refreshing. The most important thing to remember is to keep the lemon separated and if that is not possible and you have a bagful of lemons, the best techniques that you can adoptthe following:
- Squeeze out the juice and store them in the refrigerator in squeeze bottles or in the ice trays into small cubes, which will allow you to take out only the required quantities and these small cubes can be used as lemon rubs.
- Put the full-uncut lemons in freezer zip lock bags and dump them into the freezer.
- You can clean the lemon peels, grate them freshly, and store them in the freezer in a plastic bag or a container without losing the flavor and aroma of a lemon for a long time, and this also refreshes your refrigerator.
Use lemon juice for adding a tangy touch to your meals after you have learnt how to keep lemons fresh.
Image Credit: speckleofdirt.com