How To Store Popcorn
Crunchy, crispy bites of popcorn is great way to enjoy the evening show but one always wish to enjoy more of it, which needs the knowledge of how to store popcorn in the proper way. Popcorn comes in two styles, one is the unpopped version and other is the one we know since childhood, the popped versions. The texture of popcorn may soon get stale and soggy if kept unattended for long without any storage plans. If you are the one who is stumbling upon various sites to find ways of storing popcorn, then you have come at the right place. Let’s open the popcorn storage secrets.
- Popcorn corn which is not popped up and still in the kernel stage should be separately stored. While purchasing the kernels you should check the date and expiry date. The younger the kernels are, the easier it is to store them fresh for long. Always try to buy kernels from local grocery shops and not from hypermarket aisle, which shelves old packaged kernels.
- Popcorn kernels can stay fresh for longer duration if stored in air tight jar. Once you get the popped corns, you need to worry about the storage problems.
- Pop corn which has finally popped up either should be consumed immediately, or should be stored in glass jars with air tight lids. You should try to place the popcorn jars in dry, with less humidity like conditions. Weather plays initial role in spoiling the popcorn texture. You should try to keep it away from well ventilated, bright places. Keep it in dark, gloomy, but dry cabinets.
- Popcorns are called popped up corns because of water content inside them. About 14 percent water content should essentially be present to make corns pop up. While storing them, make sure that they are not kept near high heat zone. High heat zones like microwave area, heater area, air conditioning spaces extract the necessary water from popcorn and makes it stale and soggy.
- To prevent popcorn from turning soft you can avoid adding salt or pepper to it while thinking of storing it. Sprinkle salt only when you are ready to consume it.
- One good take on storing popcorn could be sealing them in pack which is evacuated, and popping it in freezer. When you wish to munch popcorn crackers, take out the corns and microwave it for three minutes. You will get back those tasty, delicious popcorn to crunch.
These are some of the tips and tricks on how to store popcorn and enjoy its addicting flavor for long.
Image credit: ifood.tv