How To Preserve Cookies
Wondering How to preserve cookies? Well, storing cookies in jars mars the taste of cookies as it becomes stale in less than a week. Learning the process of preserving cookies lets one enjoy delicious homemade cookies for 3-4 weeks after they have been taken out of the oven.
Here is a step by step guide to preserving cookies and keeping them fresh.
- Preserve different kinds of cookies in different wrappers to avoid mixing of flavors.
- Do not wrap more than a dozen cookies at a time. Double wrap them. Use saran wrap.
- Placed the wrapped cookie inside a container like ice cream bucket or reseal able poly bags.
- If more than one type of cookies are stored, it is better to label them with their names and date.
- Use the oldest cookies first.
- Inside the reseal able bag or ice cream bucket put a bread slice or moistened unglazed piece of terracotta. These help to keep the cookies moist.
- Put the cookie bag or cookie bucket inside the freezer.
- Before eating, defrost the cookies by placing them on counter tops.
- If you like moist cookies or if you don’t have the time to defrost, then they can be popped up in the microwave.
- For crispy warm cookies, place frozen cookies in a baking sheet and pop them in oven for a couple of minutes.
By learning how to preserve cookies, one can enjoy eating and serving warm cookies as if they have just come out of the oven.
Image Courtesy: ifood.tv/files