How To Preserve Ice Cream
By learning how to preserve ice cream one can enjoy the creamy and crystal free ice creams all the time. Whether it’s a pack of ice cream or your homemade ice cream, once it is taken out of the freezer, refreezing it causes crystals and the ice cream becomes hard. As a result you don’t get the original ice cream texture after refreezing.Here is a simple guide on how to preserve ice cream applicable to homemade ice cream as well as store bought ones.
- Place the ice cream in a freezer safe container without the cap.
- Instead of the cap use a plastic wrapper to cover the container.
- Press the plastic wrap gently to touch the surface of the ice cream.
- Lastly cover the container with its cap.
- This plastic wrap actually prevents formation of ice crystals in the ice cream.
- Keep the ice cream container into the freezer.
- Before serving the ice cream, let it sit at room temperature for 10-20 minutes.
After taking out the required quantity of ice cream from the container, repeat step 1 to 4 but use a new plastic wrapper instead of the used one.
Tip for storaging ice cream
Always store the ice cream in the inner side of the freezer, this place is colder and the temperature is stable enough to preserve ice cream.
Ice creams are preferred summer desserts and by knowing how to preserve ice creams we all can enjoy our favorite summer dessert all through the summer. Now you won’t have to run to the supermarket store every time to buy creamy ice cream.
Image Courtesy: ifood.tv