How To Store Smoothies At Home
Smoothies are usually made blending natural ingredients like fresh fruits or frozen fruits. You can store smoothies in case you have prepared excess of it. The fruits you add to them determine the nutritive value of the smoothies. It is a thick consistency drink made using many liquid bases like cow’s milk, soy mil, goat’s milk yogurt, fresh vegetable or fruit juice, green tea and even water. You can choose the liquid base which you feel good for storing smoothies. Usually people want to store smoothies when it is leftover or to use it later.
Besides using fruits, you can also try preparing them with dried fruits like dates, apricots and raisins. It will be difficult for your blender to grind the dried fruit, so to soften them, soak in water overnight. Dried fruit smoothies taste good even after storing them in refrigerator.
- If you have decided to store smoothies, do not keep them in refrigerator for a long time. It is recommended to store smoothies only for a short period.
- A blender or food processor can be used to make smoothies, you can also use smoothie maker that is available in the stores.
- If you want you can try both and check out which one gives better smoothie.
- Prepare smoothie with fruits and liquid base of your choice.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass storage container or a bottle that has a tight lid.
- Use paper towel to wipe the smoothies on the outer surface of the container.
- Using the lid close tightly to seal the container
- Place the container inside the refrigerator
- Set the refrigerator at 40 F for 24 hours
- Smoothie that is prepared using banana may turn brown within the storage time.
- You can add half teaspoon of powdered Vitamin C; this will delay the degradation of the nutrients in the smoothie and also prevents browning.
- You can also pour them in ice cube trays and use it as ices when you make the next smoothie.
- While you store smoothies make sure the container is air tight and also to leave space at the top of the container allowing the smoothie to expand.
- Storing smoothies at home is easy without loosing their nutritive value.