How To Freeze Cheese Curds For Longer Duration
Freezing cheese curds is the best way of extending your limited supply of cheese curds. It is also economical, so know how to freeze cheese curds for longer duration and enjoy cheese curds for many days. Also if you want to retain the flavor of cheese curds, we recommend, freeze cheese curds.
- Store bought cheese curd needs to be separated into single individual pieces.
- Cut the cheese curd into portions of half pound.
- Lay the curd on cookie sheets. Put only a single layer.
- These cookie sheets require freezing for about 20-30 minutes. This will flash freeze the curd.
- Bring the cookie sheet out of the freezer and separate them into different portions.
- Keep the frozen cheese curd portion separately in different containers or preferably freezer bags.
- If you intend to use vacuum sealed poly bags, then read the manufacturer’s instructions for sealing the poly bags.
- Now that the bags are ready to freeze cheese curds, it is recommended to label each and every bag with content and date. This will help in easy access and checking out the expiry date.
- Place the cheese curd bags immediately into the freezer.
Freezing cheese curds lets one store cheese curd for about 4 months without spoiling.
Tips for Safely Freezing Cheese Curds
- Frozen cheese curds needs defrosting before use, so defrost it in the refrigerator which can be stored up to two weeks. Do not store defrosted cheese curd more than 2 weeks.
- Never try to re-freeze defrosted cheese curd.
Now that you know how to freeze cheese curds for longer duration, you can save cheese curds for occasional use.
Image Courtesy: khiewchanta.com