Roast Vegetable Stock
|Butternut squash/Acorn squash||1⁄2 Medium, cut in to chunks|
|Turnips||2 , quartered|
|Onions||4 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Carrots||5 , cut in to chunks|
|Celery stalks||4 , cut in to chunks|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, chopped|
|Dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground white pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine squash, turnips, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and tomatoes in a shallow baking dish.
3. Bake for 50 minutes, stirring several times.
4. Place roasted vegetables, thyme, parsley, and white pepper in a heavy soup pot with the water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 hours or until reduced by half.
5. Cool to room temperature. Strain the liquid, pushing down on solids gently to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids.
Variation â– Place unstrained soup and solids in a food processor or blender and blend until liquefied.