Roast Vegetable Stock
|Butternut squash/Acorn squash||1⁄2 Medium, cut in to chunks|
|Turnips||2 , quartered|
|Onions||4 Large, coarsely chopped|
|Carrots||5 , cut in to chunks|
|Celery stalks||4 , cut in to chunks|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, chopped|
|Dried thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground white pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine squash, turnips, onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and tomatoes in a shallow baking dish.
3. Bake for 50 minutes, stirring several times.
4. Place roasted vegetables, thyme, parsley, and white pepper in a heavy soup pot with the water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2 hours or until reduced by half.
5. Cool to room temperature. Strain the liquid, pushing down on solids gently to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard solids.
Variation â– Place unstrained soup and solids in a food processor or blender and blend until liquefied.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1193 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 607.6 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 286 g95.3%
Dietary Fiber 60.5 g241.9%
Sugars 107 g
Protein 33 g65.9%
Vitamin A 2786.3% Vitamin C 647.2%
Calcium 107.8% Iron 101.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet