Rice Boiled in Stock
|Uncooked long grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
1) In a 2 to 3 quart saucepan, put the rice and water or stock. Bring the rice to a boil.
2) Stir the rice once or twice and reduce the heat to a simmer.
3) Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid or heavy duty foil and cook gently for about 15 minutes.
4) Check the rice and in case it is not soft enough or the liquid has not been absorbed, cook for another 2 to 4 minutes.
5) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6) Put the freshly cooked, hot rice in a serving bowl and fluff with a fork. Serve while still hot. Goes with just about anything.