|Bones||1 Kilogram, cooked or uncooked, chopped|
|Onion||1 , peeled and sliced|
|Carrot||1 , scraped and sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , scrubbed and chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
1) In the cooker, melt the lard or dripping and saute the bones with onions, carrots, and celery until well browned.
2) Stir in the water not more than half of the cooker.
3) Heat the bone mixture to the boil and skim thoroughly.
5) Season with the salt, pepper and add in bay leaf.
6) Put the lid on the cooker and bring to high pressure.
7) Allow to cook uncooked bones for 45 minutes or cooked bones for 30 minutes.
8) Lower the pressure quickly.
9) Pass the bone mixture through strainer.
10) Allow to cool thoroughly and skim fat before using.
11) Use as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 689 Calories from Fat 457
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78.1%
Saturated Fat 19.8 g98.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.5 mg15.8%
Sodium 519.8 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.4%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 215.5% Vitamin C 196.5%
Calcium 35.7% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet