Pork And Chicken Stock
|Chicken stock||4 Pint (3 Liter)|
|Pork bones||1 1⁄2 Pound|
1. Wash the ginger and then slice the ginger into slices 2inches (5cm) x 1/2 inch (1cm).
2. Wash the spring onions and clean the tops of the spring onions.
3. Thaw the pork bones beforehand and wash them well.
4. In a heavy pot or casserole, place the pork meat and the pork bones along with the chicken stock. Simmer the liquid and then remove the scum off the surface of the stock.
5. Add the ginger, spring onion whites and salt to the stock and then simmer on a very low heat for 1 1/2 hours.
6. After the pork bones are cooked through, sieve the stock through dampened cheesecloth. Use a fine mesh strainer, and then leave it to cool. When the stock is cooked, skim the stock and remove any fat that has risen to the surface.
7. This stock can be served as a base of other soups or stock based dishes.