Beef Bouillon or Stock
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Stew beef||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Beef bones||2 Quart (With Meat Bits On Them)|
|Fresh parsley sprig/1 teaspoon dried parsley||2|
|Peeled garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Carrots||2 , scraped|
|Onions||2 , peeled and stuck with 6 whole cloves|
1) Place a large skillet over moderate-high heat. Sprinkle the salt and thoroughly brown the beef on all sides. Ensure that the meat has been browned thoroughly.
2) Into the skillet, pour 1 cup of water and scrape up the pan juices.
3) Turn the entire contents of the skillet into a slow cooker.
4) Add all the remaining ingredients.
5) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for 10 to 12 hours.
6) Strain the preparation.
7) Serve or use the stock as and when preferred or required. This is an essential ingredient in most soups.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 775 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.9%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g50.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 240 mg80%
Sodium 5941.5 mg247.6%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 88 g176.7%
Vitamin A 414.1% Vitamin C 57.7%
Calcium 12% Iron 30.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet